Friday, 3 August 2012

Ends

One of the reasons I don't make more granny square items is because of all the sewing in of ends - every time you change colour you get another two ends. This picture is about half the number of ends I have just finished sewing in for my latest project.

A school friend I've known since I was 7 has just had a baby. I made a baby blanket earlier in the year that at the time I thought I would send to her - the stripey one pictured but because it is stitched in solid half double crochet (or half triple crochet in UK terms) it's quite a dense fabric and therefore I decided it wasn't really the right gift for a summer baby.



So as mentioned in my previous post I saw a floral granny square motif in the latest edition of Simply Crochet magazine and used this to create the blanket - here is the finished article! I made it in DK using a 4mm hook. The blanket is 7 motifs across by 7 motifs down. The border is made of 3 row of half double crochet with with a large & small shell border.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...