Monday, 20 May 2013

Stripes

On a trip to Manchester I came across a lovely yarn store - Purl City Yarns. I would never had gone in the shop had there not been rather chaotic arrangements my boyfriends mates had made to meet for a pre-match drink or two. The reason we were in Manchester was to see Man City vs Barnsley in the FA Cup. Anyway rather annoyed and having to traipse round half of Manchester to find everyone I spotted Purl City Yarns and made a break for it. After a relaxing 10 minutes browsing I finally chose two yarns.

Two balls of Louisa Harding Amitola in blue/grey colours and splashing out on Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Lace. Both of these were self striping yarns - not something I had ever tried working with previously.
I knew I wanted to make a lightweight scarf out of the blue/grey yarn. After much browsing through ravelry and pinterest I eventually came across this pattern and adapted it slightly. I'll add details of the pattern I used in due course.



As for the lace yarn I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it when I bought it but when I saw this pin and found the pattern was free on the Lion Brand website, I knew that was the pattern I wanted to try.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...